Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between Brazilian Blowout and Brazilian Blow-dry?
- Brazilian Blowout is the leading manufacturer of Brazilian Keratin Treatments in the world, so when we speak of Brazilian Blowout we are talking about a trade marked brand within the Brazilian Keratin Treatment category (BKT's). Brazilian Keratin Treatments are also often referred to as a Brazilian Blow-dry. Very important to note, not all BKT's are the same.
2. What is a Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatment?
- Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatments are smoothing treatments that do not break down the structure of the hair. It is important to note that it is not a straightening service, it is a smoothing service that will improve hair condition, remove frizz from hair and dramatically cut down on styling effort. The result is smooth, frizz-free and exceptionally easy to style hair.
3. How does a Brazilian Blowout Treatment work?
- Brazilian Blowout forms a Protective Protein Layer eliminating frizz, smoothing the hair, dramatically increasing shine, sealing the cuticle, and allowing the hair to retain its natural moisture. Amino Acids are bonded onto hair via our Proprietary Polymer System. These Amino Acids (derived from our Brazilian Super Nutrient Complex including Acai Berry, Came Camu, Annatto Seed) round the hair follicle, smooth the cuticle and fills cracks.
4. Who would benefit from a Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatment?
- Anybody who would like to improve the appearance of their hair and dramatically cut down the time spent on styling their hair. Anybody that has frizzy, unruly and difficult to manage hair will get smooth, frizz-free results.
5. Will a Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatment straighten hair?
- On hair that is wavy the result will appear naturally straight. If the texture is very curly, the frizz will be minimized and enhance definition and shine of the natural curl. Naturally straight frizzy hair will be left frizz-free and radiantly shiny.
6. Can a Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatment be performed on coloured and highlighted hair?
- Yes, a Brazilian Blowout Smoothing treatment will actually improve the appearance of coloured and highlighted hair. It is very important to note that the ironing heat has to be adjusted during application of the treatment to compromised hair condition (see heat guide in treatment summary).
7. Can a Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatment be performed on the same day as a colour service?
- Yes, you can confidently apply a Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatment on the same day as a colour service. It is important to note that the colour service must be performed prior to the smoothing treatment.
8. How long after a Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatment can a colour be performed?
- After two weeks of performing a Brazilian Blowout a colour can be applied, prior to that, colour results will not be even due to the protective protein layer the smoothing treatment coats the hair shaft with.
- It is advised that colour only be applied to the root area for at least 12 weeks after the smoothing treatment for maximum preservation of the smoothing treatment.
9. How long can a Brazilian Blowout Treatment be expected to last?
- For approximately 12 weeks if care instructions are observed and the Brazilian Blowout Acai Aftercare Maintenance care line is used. Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatments are cumulative treatments and results will improve from treatment to treatment.
10. Will the original texture of the hair return at the end of the treatment life?
- Yes, the original texture of the hair will return after approximately 12 weeks. The hair condition will have improved due to the conditioning qualities of the smoothing treatment and the limited heat styling required to style the hair.
11. Can any sulfate-free shampoo be used to preserve a Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatment?
- The Brazilian Blowout Acai Aftercare line was specifically formulated to preserve the smoothing treatment.
- Brazilian Blowout cannot guarantee the smoothing treatment results if maintained with products not formulated to preserve the smoothing treatments.
- Sulfate-free products formulated to preserve colour may prove fantastic to preserve colour, but may be ineffective to preserve the life of the smoothing treatment.
12. Does spending time in the sun, sea and chlorinated water affect my Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatment?
- Yes, exposure to sun and sea, as well as swimming in chlorinated water may affect your Brazilian Blowout Treatment if not protected during exposure. Applying liberal amounts of Brazilian Blowout Acai Daily Smoothing Serum that provides UVA/UVB protection prior to exposure will help preserve your Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatments and your colour.
- Rinse hair with clean water after exposure and reapply Brazilian Blowout Acai Daily Smoothing Serum.
- Applying Brazilian Blowout Acai Deep Conditioning Masque after shampooing on day of exposure for 5 to 20 minutes will further help preserve your Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatment and your colour.
13. Should I have any concerns about having a Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatment?
- It is important to know that Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatment should only performed by Certified Brazilian Blowout Technicians. It is important to note that the original formula of Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Solution does contain methylene glycol, when heated releases trace amounts of formaldehyde. Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatments should always be applied in a well-ventilated area and directed application methods should always be followed. The Brazilian Blowout Zero formula does not release any formaldehyde during or after the treatment application.
- A recent comprehensive study of the original formula of Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Solution by the University of Southern California consistent with 24 comprehensive air-monitoring studies conducted by OSHA (occupational safety and health and safety administration) in the USA showed that in each case exposure levels were safely below exposure limits and poses no exposure risk.
14. Can nursing or pregnant woman use brazilian keratin treatments containing methylene glycol?
- Brazilian keratin treatments containing methylene glycol are not suitable for use by nursing or pregnant woman.
- Brazilian Blowout Zero contains no methylene glycol and release no formaldehyde during or after the treatment.